Monthly Archives: March 2011
Oahu – Hawaii
Last month we saw closed sales up 13.1% from last year with inventory down by 16.9%. There is only a 5.4 month inventory of homes on the market today. Multi million dollar house sales for February 2011 were 22 units compared to 11 units last February.
The highest recorded house sale on Dowsett Avenue in Nuuanu was $5,260,000. This was originally listed for $8,395,000 and sold to a local buyer.
Multi million dollar condo sales for February 2011 were 18 units compared to 5 units last February. Over 1/2 of the condo sales last month were Trump Tower closing units. This also represented one of the higher luxury condo sale for $4,497,000. The buyer being from Japan.
The highest recorded condo sale was at Hokua for $4,550,000. Hokua continues to command very high prices with a strong international demand.
Here are a few great tips on how to enhance an entry way from realsimple.com
1. Define the space with a bold color like red, which exudes a warm welcome.
2. If you don’t want the hassle of cleaning a runner: Paint one on the floor instead (a simple, creative way to mask wear and tear, too).
3. Engage visitors immediately by creating an eye-catching wall display, like using unused pieces of wallpaper are framed eclectically.
4. Another simple idea: Position a mirror to catch the light and bring the sun into a darker hallway. Paint the mirror a clean, crisp white for added brightness.
5. Paint stair risers a deep, vibrant color to greet all who enter. Bonus: A dark tone with a glossy finish will also camouflage scuff marks.
6. For overhead lighting, suspend a pendant or a chandelier so that the bottom is six feet eight inches above the floor. If you hang it much higher, you’ll lose its visual effect. And if you hang it much lower, you’ll truncate the space.
7. A table lamp casts an inviting glow, too. Keep the base slim so the lamp doesn’t feel overwhelming, especially on a slender console table.
Tel: (808) 593-9826 Fax: (808) 593-9827 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org